200-Hour Teacher Training in Edwards, CO
This Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training program is appropriate for aspiring teachers with a minimum of two years of consistently practicing yoga. This rich training begins at the source and roots of yogic tradition, and unfolds progressively as a means to understand its modern context, and teach from a place of relevance and connection.
Over the course of these modules, you will learn how to teach artful yoga classes through a study of yoga philosophy and texts, anatomy, energetics, Sanskrit, progressive sequencing, hands-on assists, sourcing and weaving theme and cultivating your voice in a safe and supportive collective. This comprehensive program will empower teachers with a broad and deep base from which to live and confidently teach the flow of yoga to all with skill, creativity, confidence and authenticity.
Students must have 2 years of a current and consistent yoga practice.
PROGRAM DATES:Aug 11-13
STEP 2: Complete an APPLICATION
STEP 3: Submit your REGISTRATION (see important instructions below)
$2450 - Includes a non-refundable $500 deposit. Please ensure you can attend the entire training before applying and submitting your non-refundable deposit.
If you want to pay in installments, you must select Pay In Full / Installments. Your non-refundable deposit is included in your first installment. Otherwise, choose Deposit now and, later, Balance.
- 180 contact hours + 20 non-contact hours (reading, writing and final exam)
- Individualized teaching feedback and recommendations
- Julia's classes at MSY at no extra charge for the duration of the training
- Family and community for life
- Alumni discounts at CSOY
- Main Branches of Yoga in Hindu Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika & Other Key Texts
- Evolution of Modern Postural Yoga
- The Language of Yoga: Sanskrit
- Family Tree of Asanas
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga
- Alignment & Assists
- Common Injuries & Conditions
- SUBTLE BODY
- The Koshas
- The Panchavayus: Movements of Prana
- Bandhas & Pranayama
- Vinyasa Krama
- Evolutionary Sequencing
- Integrating Bhava: Incorporating the Subtle
- Languaging & Theming
- Class Preparation & Music
- Business of Teaching Yoga
- Teaching Practicum Lab & Feedback